Welcome. I’m glad you are here!
BirhingYou is a place for parents, parents-to-be, and birth professionals to prepare for new experiences, learn new ways and transform their feelings about a negative or challenging experience. You will emerge with self-awareness, confidence & knowledge for change.
As a maternal-child health nurse and education consultant, I blend 20 years of experience in diverse health care settings with training and expertise in trauma-informed care and compassionate communication. You will have meaningful individual sessions or group workshops/classes for learning, growth, healing and often, fun!
- Master of Science in Nursing Leadership
- Certified Birthing From Within Mentor and trained Birth Story Listener
- Certified Lactation Counselor
OTHER COOL STUFF:
- 2000+ home visits made
- 500+ parenting and professional classes and workshops taught about babies, bellies, breasts/chests and sex (where it all begins)
- 400+ hours continuing education in birth trauma, breastfeeding and trauma-informed care
Harness your strength. Build confidence. Connect with your partner.
Birthing From Within (TM) childbirth classes will help you be ready for the experience of birth and early parenting. Learn ways to cope with the intensity and unknowns of birth, build your resourcefulness, determination, and connection with your partner. learn what you need to know!!
Only 10% of birthing couples prepare for birth with group classes today. Be unique, prepare with thoughtful, conscious preparation and be as ready as you can be for birth and parenting.
- classes capped at 5 couples
- best time to take - ideally early in the third trimester, but whenever it fits into your life.
- $100 non-refundable deposit due at registration, balance due at first class
- partner or one support person is encouraged to attend each class with birthing person
- classes are suitable for any person, birthing in any setting and preparing for any type of birth
Conscious and balanced birth preparation. We will explore:
- Birth as a rite of passage and the inner journey of birth
- Building coping and resiliency skills for birth and parenting
- Readiness for birth surprises
- Hands-on help for partners
- Heart-led parenting and work
- Hormones and the process of labor and birth
- Communication with birth attendants and the health care team
- Medical supports for birth - pain medication, cesarean birth, inductions
- Beliefs about birth and birth plans
- The postpartum journey/the 4th trimester
BIRTH TRAUMA RECOVERY
Some say “a healthy mom and baby is all that matters” but that may not be the whole truth.
A traumatic birth does not always leave physical scars. Birth trauma can happen in any birth and for any person involved in birth. It can leave emotional and spiritual wounds and effect relationships, parenting, and health. Birth professionals may find that a previous traumatic experience effects their work.
1 out of every 4 women experiences birth trauma and most birth professionals have little or no training on how to support parents or themselves following a traumatic birth.
- Frequent negative thoughts or feelings about a birth experience
- Difficulty bonding with the baby or breakdown of relationship with partner
- Blaming self or others for something that happened in the birth
- Excessive worry or concern for upcoming birth
You are not alone, you do not have to suffer, you can heal.
Birth Story Medicine (™) is a guided process to bring new awareness and healing to a difficult birth experience.
Schedule your Birth Story Medicine session today or contact me to learn more.
Birth Story Medicine Session - 75 min - $120
LACTATION + NUTRITION
The one truth about feeding your baby is that the experience is not exactly what you think it will be. You are not alone. Help is available.
When you have a breastfeeding challenge, I can help you find solutions with compassion and gentle guidance. My primary focus is to support the development of a loving relationship between baby and parents.
- 20+ years experience
- LGBTQ equity informed/supportive
- Experience with premies, infants & toddlers
- Community connections for comprehensive support and referrals
- Nutrition counseling for mom and family
WORKSHOPS FOR PARENTS + BIRTH PROFESSIONALS
My engaging workshops for nurses, midwives, OBs, and doulas blend practical knowledge + heart-led wisdom to support meaningful and lasting change.
My extensive clinical experience in caring for families across health care settings including home, community and hospital, provides me with a broad perspective of what families and professionals need for education and support.
I guide you to shift your paradigm...
I specialize in:
- Birth trauma prevention and recovery
- Trauma-informed care & Compassionate communication
- Care for families coping with addiction and in recovery
- Preparing for birth, parenting and infant feeding/care
- Infant feeding and nutrition
- Sexual well-being and pleasure
Workshop offerings include:
- Preventing and Healing Birth Trauma
- Trauma-Informed Care for the Perinatal Professional
- Facilitating Behavior Change with Solution Focused Dialogue
- Sexual Wellbeing and Pleasure - book your workshop here
- Beautiful Bodies - Tots to Teens.
Workshops can be customized for your group and may be approved for CEUs by the NH Board of Nursing. Contact me today to book a workshop for your professional or parenting group.
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“In the Birth Story Medicine session with Farrah, I was able to sift through the dirt to find the jewels and a new belief about myself as a nurse and a person….a belief that has been hidden under the muck and the mire for so long I didn’t recognize it at first. It felt so good to be gentle and forgiving towards myself.”
Donna, Manchester, NH
“Farrah worked with me in preparation of my fourth birth. I had traumas from my first three births
and I was looking for healing, and to feel more empowered. Farrah helped me process the
traumas, and find a new way to tell my birth stories. A retelling that came with the inner peace
and forgiveness I was seeking. I can't even fully describe HOW this happened, but it was an
amazing journey. I felt listened to, cherished, my experiences validated. And then Farrah helped
me on the path to seeing strength in my experiences and I was able to release negativity and
see more beauty in my births. It was a tremendous experience.”
Niamh, Manchester, NH
“The session with Farrah was lovely. And I’m so grateful for the opportunity to have my story heard in this special way. I truly hope Birth Story Listening becomes a part of every Birthworker’s life, and others get the opportunity to heal and grow.”
Christine, Amherst, NH
“I feel like every mom needs one of Farrah’s sessions. Before birth, and after. Birth… it’s A LOT!! And Farrah really helped me to feel ready and to realize I have what it takes to do the hard work.”